Newsvine.com is a website dedicated to the world of news. What differs from this site and others is that it aggregates news from the Associated Press, and combines that with user submitted news events and opinions. The site also has social aspects such as groups and friends to share news stories with and then discuss them. The site is very open for discussing current topics, and sharing your opinion.
Newsvine Code Of Honor:
- Above all else, respect others. If you see disrespectful behavior, report it, rather than further inflaming the situation.
- Before you write, seed, or comment, ask yourself if your contribution increases the strength and virtue of the community.
- Newsvine is for collaborative discovery and discussion of the news, not self-promotion. Posting full articles which also appear on your blog is acceptable but seeding your own stuff is not.
- Keep your headlines accurate and free of sensationalistic language. For instance, if you’re writing a satirical piece, please follow the form: “Satire: [Headline]”; if you’re seeding a story about a rumor, “Rumor: Yahoo to Buy ___” is appropriate whereas “Yahoo Buys ___” or “WTF! Oh my God!” are not.
- Although full internationalization is important to Newsvine, please keep all articles and seeds in English until the system can properly sort multiple languages.
- Keep Newsvine tidy by tagging for accuracy rather than for readership, editing headlines and lead-ins to be compact and descriptive, and seeding as close to the original source as possible.
Among everything else, you can customize the homepage to suit your news interests. If you like keeping up on the news, I definitely suggest you check this site out.